Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Introduction



Welcome to P Street NW!

I am Louise Newman Montgomery.

During the mid-1920's my grandparents, William Robert Newman, Sr and Mary Frances Proctor Newman purchased a home at 125 P Street NW in Washington D.C. Most likely this move is how our family began to grow on P Street. By 1930, my mother moved to 117 1/2 P Street.

Though our parents (Paul Augustus Newman and Lida Isabel Johnson Newman) seperated when we were young, my siblings (Roland Waverly Newman, Arthur Eugene Newman, Jerome Augustus Newman, Esther Jean Newman Richardson, Herman Francis Newman) and I were all shaped by our connection to P Street NW.

The house next door to my paternal grandparents at 123 P Street NW, was purchased by the Montgomery family. Raymond A. Montgomery, Sr and Viola Watson Montgomery had a house full. Living there was Raymond Jr., Harold, Charles, Marion Louise and Reginald, with more on the way. While living on P Street their household grew to include Emma, Constance, Miriam, Elizabeth and Seward.

The family was quite nice, especially Raymond, Jr. He won my heart. We married and began a family of our own with Raymond Augustus III, Joyce Ann, Joan Andrea, and Janice Anita.

As families do, ours grew and we eventually moved away from P Street. Often, my children, neices, nephews, cousins and their children ask for stories or photographs from the time our family lived on P Street and beyond. I am excited to share information with you via this blog.

No comments: